Retaining Walls Columbus Oh
A retaining wall is a structure designed to keep soil in your garden or yard in check, particularly on sloped properties. To put it another way, it prevents the soil from slumping, sliding, or caving in. Retaining walls are typically used in areas where the soil is likely to become unstable. Retaining walls are also known as block walls, but either way, we have contractors who can help you install one on your property.
Retaining walls can be used for a variety of purposes in addition to their original purpose. Let us talk about them one by one.
• Prevents soil erosion. Bad weather can cause your yard's soil to erode or wash away. Of course, this will have a detrimental impact on the appearance of your home's exterior. A retaining wall is a great way to secure the soil in your garden in its place.
• Provides stability. When a property is built on a sloped landscape may result in the buildup of lateral pressure on the ground, causing the soil to slide downhill. You may redistribute the weight evenly by building a retaining wall in areas where pressure buildup can occur, ensuring that the entire landscape remains sturdy and pristine.
• Aesthetic appeal. Most properties have retaining walls as one of the first things you see when you walk in. As a result, it's no surprise that many property owners have built them for aesthetic purposes. Retaining walls provide incredible design versatility and can dramatically improve the exterior appeal of any home and its surrounding landscape.
• To keep water from running off. It can't be good for your property if it rains too much. However, with a retaining wall in place, you can divert all of that water into a drainage system or control its flow.
• Provide additional seating. Walls, particularly retaining walls, have supplied us with convenient seating since time immemorial.
Retaining Wall Installation
Whether you need a retaining wall built on a slope or steep hill, or maybe to support your fence or driveway, Columbus Concrete Construction in Columbus, OH, can get the job done perfectly the first time.
Retaining Wall Replacement
The experts at Columbus Concrete Construction can provide professional recommendations and various options if you are planning to remove and replace your wood retaining wall with cement blocks or just replace an existing wood retaining wall.
Retaining Wall Repair
Columbus Concrete Construction can inspect the damage to your retaining wall and identify whether it was caused by natural or man-made factors. That way, we can help avoid future damage when we repair or replace your retaining wall.
Retaining Wall Cost
For materials and labor, the cost of repairing a residential retaining wall is calculated per square foot. Pricing might range from $10 to $30 per square foot or more, depending on the location and needs of the property.
To get a quote for your retaining wall project, contact Columbus Concrete Construction for a free design consultation.